Monday, April 26, 2010

Grown-up Gatherings, IL License Plates & Stick Boy

Friday night Jake and I went to dinner in Raleigh. I can't remember what the place was called but Jake sure did enjoy his cheeseburger. It was nice that we were able to enjoy a meal on the outside patio in April!

Saturday Jake and I went to our first grown up gathering so to speak. I don't count the gatherings at the former little yellow house grown up parties. There were kids running around at this one. Jake and I were only 1 of 2 couples without children. We really enjoyed our time though. The people were very friendly and fun to talk to. One of the little boys kept telling me I was cute and gave me hugs and kisses. His mom is going to have to look out for him. He is going to be a ladies man. It's bad when you know this about a 5 year old haha. It's also funny how a five year old can boost your self esteem haha. You would be so proud of Jake. He ate lasagna AND salad. This is HUGE!

Yesterday Jake and I joined the Sprowl's at Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church. The Sprowl family use to live in Quincy and I babysat for their kids, Lauren & Jonathan. They moved to NC about 9 years ago. Lauren is now in college and Jonathan is almost 18! Wow, this makes me feel old. It was great spending time with them. Josh and Robin treated us to lunch and filled us in on what to expect while living in NC. We found out how south we truly are. Let's just say that the schools don't teach about the North and South when discussing the Civil War. They teach "us" and "them." Yikes! We finally figured out why people aren't so friendly to us on the road...it's because we have Illinois license plates. We're going to get our NC plates as soon as possible :)!

Today I interviewed for a part time position at a local bakery called Stick Boy Bread Co. I figured this would be a good job to earn a little extra money for all of the plane tickets I'll be purchasing in the near future. I'm excited because it sounds like a pretty stress free, fun job! I should find out Tuesday if I'm hired.

That's my update from the last several days!

Love & Rockets,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Elizabeth! This makes me all nervous! The NC people aren't racist are they? I'm a little bit nervous about raising my kids in a racist atmosphere. Have you encountered that at all?

    The bakery sounds SO cute, though!! What an adorable job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Nicole! I think there are some old school hardcore southern ways of thinking, so to speak, that still exist down here. I think it is more prevalent in certain areas though. I don't think you have to worry about your children down here. The family that I use to babysit for grew up in the south for a large portion of their life and they turned out wonderfully :)! No worries my friend. I'll probably be raising my kids in the south too. We can do it together haha!

    ReplyDelete