Monday, April 5, 2010

Cook-Out & Sweet Tea

Well everyone...we have arrived! Everyone is Quincy must be praying hardcore for Jake and me! We are doing great! The weather is absolutely amazing! It's been about 80, and the forecast predicts about 90 for tomorrow! The trees are covered in green and people are already mowing!

Jake and I enjoyed our first Easter in NC by attending a church called Journey. It's a lot like The Crossing, but about a third the size. Jake and I really enjoyed the service, and met some great people! I felt like I was surrounded by Mona Glandon the entire morning. I just can't get enough of the southern accents haha. Everyone is so friendly, from the taco bell line to the walmart check out! I can't get over it! Jake and I had a wonderful dining experience Easter afternoon. We had our first meal from Cook Out, while sitting in the 4-runner hahaha! It was amazing. Jake had the usual...cheeseburger, plain, and fries. I had a small burger, cook-out style haha. They don't give you much time to decide on your food. It's kind of like in and out burger. You have to know what you are doing....and we definitely did not. Come to find out (to my surprise) cook out style means a burger topped with slaw and chili. Sounds not so great....BUT IT WAASSSSS AMAZING!!! After we finished our meal yesterday in the 4-runner we glanced across the parking lot we were sitting in to notice we ate our first meal in NC on Quincy Ct.....what are the odds haha. OH and another thing I discovered, no one serves unsweetened ice tea. I will find it though :)!

Well that's all for now! I have to go watch for the ABF Truck! I'll write again soon and post some pics.

Love & Rockets,
Liz

1 comment: