Jake, Zoe and I ventured over to Harris Lake. We thought a good old hike would be good for all 3 of us. We decided that we need to do more outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, rock climbing....you know, cool things liket that. Plus it's a good excuse to buy cool North Face gear and to go to REI. Today it became very clear we were wanna be outdoorsman. Everything starts off great. The weather is wonderful, the sun is shining, families hiking & biking, I've got the tennis shoes on, and my cubs hat on to block myself from ticks. We walk a little deeper discussing how we need to do hikes at least twice a week. Then the swatting starts in, and the dog is panting like crazy. The experienced hikers around us knew to bring dog bowls and they knew to cover themselves in bug spray. These are things we failed to do. Jake and I came to the conclusion we had enough bites. I believe Jake words were something along the lines of "let's find the quickest trail out of here." Needless to say my husband is perfect for me haha. So we find the the quickest trail out of the tick and stick infested beautiful outdoors straight to our 4-runner. Thank the Lord! Trust me, it doesn't end there. The entire ride home I am jumping up and down in my seat as I feel the bugs crawling all over me. I think I found 3 ticks on my body before even getting home. We finally arrive at the front door of home sweet home, strip down our clothes and check each other like we're animals in the wild. We clear our bodies of ticks, them we move to the dog and find 4 more. Ugh this outdoors things is quite the process. Needless to say I don't think Jake and I will be camping anytime soon. We'll stick to the hotels, and next time we head into the great outdoors we'll be a little more prepared.
Love & Rockets,
Liz




No comments:
Post a Comment