Today is a new day. Last night I had a minor breakdown (and it doesn't help that it is that time of the month. I'm sure Jake is thrilled with me for sharing this with the entire world). I have always been a worrier. I am constantly replaying things I've said in my head, asking Jake constantly "is that bad," worried about finding the job of my dreams, worried about if people like me, worried if God likes me, worried that I'm a bad person, worried that I'm too nice of a person, worried about the next thing I'm going to worry about, you get the idea. I have issues haha. Anyway, all this to say here are the words to focus on. If you are feeling discouraged today maybe this will help you too.
Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious about nothing, but in everything, through prayer and humble pettition, with thanksgiving make your requests known to God. And the peace that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
P.S. Thanks Christie for emailing this verse to me today. Special thank you's also to my small group that listens and prays for me, friends that ask me out for coffee, sister that listens to me sob even though she has enough stress of her own, and a mom for reassuring me things will be ok. Love you all!
Love & Rockets,
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment