Liz
Monday, January 10, 2011
On the Hunt
The hunt has kind-of-sorta begun....the hunt for our home in NC. We are in our apartment until late summer/early fall, so we have about 7 months to find our nest. Jake and I have talked about the checklist over and over. Do we purchase a fixer upper? Do we land in Raleigh, Apex, Cary, Holly Springs? Our dream location is downtown Raleigh, however in order to afford this a major fixer upper is in our future. The words fixer upper are scary. We have multiple friends enduring this process, and it can be a long, rough road, so we hear. We are reassured by our amazing friends that they would help, but yikes! What a commitment! Jake is good at building shelves and putting together ikea furniture, however major renovation would be a challenge for both of us. I've searched the web high and low, and nothing has quite caught my eye. All of the houses look the same. We desire an old house oozing with character. It's funny what I find myself drawn to lately. I never thought a house like the one above would fancy me, but blogs like young house love have me thinking outside the box. I'm thinking this house would be great painted white, and the red accents would most definitely have to go. I think there is potential though! Young house love made their first home below look amazing! I think the one above could be great too! If you haven't already you should really check out www.younghouselove.com.
...House Love,
Liz
Liz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment