Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Mentally Prepared

Sooo I'm a dreamer.  It's a blessing and a curse at the same time.  So here is the house I WANT in the PERFECT location...the heart of Raleigh.  It's surrounded by historic homes and the charm is oozing out of this house.  The bummer is that there is barely a driveway, let alone a garage....it's tiny....and there is this huge electrical tower thing to the left that is less than attractive....oh and the price tag is not to our liking.  This is where reality hits.  Where do you make sacrifices?  Do you sacrifice space for location.  In most cases I would say yes, however the pocket book comes into play as well.  Our goal is to find a house we can afford with one of our incomes.  Who knows what the future holds, and I don't want to be depending on both of our jobs to make ends meet...


...so this is where the compromises come into play.  What about an area like Fuquay Varina?  It's about 20-30 minutes from Raleigh, but we are close to friends, and we would could live in downtown on one income.  I'm trying to keep these positive thoughts in the forefront of my brain.  We are going to look at a house in FV at 6pm tonight.  We're hoping to get it for a knock out price so we can afford to do the much needed TLC.  Let's just say it's the worst house in the neighborhood, but it has potential (with a lot of imagination).  I'm still holding off on showing pictures.  I don't want to scare anyone.

With the thought of possibly getting a fixer upper I started dreaming.  It ALWAYS comes back to that. 

Love these floors.

love this seating

love this kitchen...

...and this one

...and this one

love the subway tile

I love white fireplaces

As Jake would say...I love a lot of things ;)


Dreaming,
E

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I seriously have half of those kitchens already saved in the inspiration folder on my computer. You are my decor soul mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I have a "House Dream" file on my computer. We ARE decor soul mates :)!

    ReplyDelete