Monday, January 31, 2011

North Carolina Sunday

Jake and I have been going to church Saturday Nights.  We actually committed to doing this late summer, but we just didn't stick with it because it's simply weird going to church Saturday afternoon @ 4pm.  Several weeks ago we showed up sunday morning to absolutely zero seats in the main auditorium or "the bay" (additional space where people watch a live feed of the service).  People were watching the service on tv's in the lobby.  This was a red flag that we needed to move back to our original commitment of going saturday night.  We didn't want to take up a seat that a guest could be sitting in.  With all that said we are loving saturday nights, meeting awesome people, and trying to get connected at the Summit (our church).  It's been an absolutely amazing experience.  We've met lifelong friends here.  Jake and I will be driving down the highway,  and randomly conversation will break to how God has TRULY had His hand in our lives.  We've prayed and prayed for God to not only put other couples in our lives that we can develop relationships with, but friends that foster our relationship with God as well.  Boy has God answered our prayers, not with only 1 couple, but FOUR...and still growing.  I'm not writing this to brag about how many friends we have, but I AM bragging about God's forever grace in our lives.  It's unreal...and I am thankful every single day!

Soooo, now that Sunday afternoons are wide open, we spent part of our beautiful, 70 degree, sunshiny sunday afternoon (sorry have to brag to my Midwesterners) at the flea market.  Check out this find for $2.  I'm thinking decorative pillow cases or framed artwork.  Ideas?




Another random side note.  Katie, Christie and I had a coffee date Thursday night @ Starbucks.  Randomly Christie whips out a homemade loaf of bread to snack on.  Who busts an entire loaf of bread out of their purse at Starbucks???Christie does.  Oh our special little RANDOM friend/pastry chef ;)



Flea Market Shopping, God loving freakazoid,
Liz

1 comment: