It was great to be in Quincy with family and childhood friends. There's nothing quite like the coziness of Christmas on Division Street. My parents live in my most favorite neighborhood on this earth. There is something nostalgic about this particular spot, even though I grew up in a house several blocks away. Maybe it's because many summer days were spent biking the pavement of this neighborhood with Sarah. I was able to meet up with friends for our annual lunch. It still blows my mind to see how the need for a larger reservation grows and grows each year as boyfriends, husbands and babies join the group. I wish more than ever that I could see these amazing people more than once a year. There is something absolutely wonderful about catching up with friends that you've known almost all of your life.
We are now back in NC. While it's difficult to say goodbye, there is a sense of peace about returning to our new home. It does the body good to see some green, which is a little lacking in IL this time of year. Jake worked a half day today, then came home and replaced a toilet. I got caught up on grocery shopping and my target fix. Tomorrow it's back to work! I think 2012 will bring some exciting challenges, adventures and surprises. I can't wait to see what's ahead.
Simply to hold myself accountable, here are my 3 resolutions for 2012.
1. Read at least 3 books this year. I know this seems like a small task, but this is 3 more than I read last year haha.
2. Be more positive and loving, and worry A LOT LESS....and how do I do this.....
3. Seek Him in EVERYTHING I do.
Okay...there they are....hold me accountable!
Happy New Year!
Elizabeth
It makes me happy to know that it feels good for you to be home (NC home) because that is as it should be. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are a great writer :). I feel like I am just listening to you as you share. Please post more!
ReplyDelete