Monday, February 7, 2011

Winfield Weekend

I decided to treat myself to a little computer and coffee time at Java Divine this morning, however the latte I'm sipping is not so divine.  It tastes like chicken noodle soup, and I don't have the heart to tell the chica at the front counter.  I shouldn't have a problem since it cost $4.25!!!  When you pay high dollar for a latte it should be pretty darn delicious.  Jake and I are saving every penny for a house, therefore when I splurge on a latte I am highly disappointed when it doesn't excite my taste buds.  On a more positive note, I am thoroughly enjoying my monday off with a little blogging time, and I think I see the sun peeking out of the clouds!  Thank goodness.  I am a girl that needs sunshine in her life.

Our weekend was a whirlwind.  They just go so fast.  Friday night Jake, Christie, Phil and I enjoyed some downtown Raleigh time by having a latte (better than the one I'm drinking now) and hot chocolate at Morning Times Coffee Shop (see pic below) and roaming the shops that were open late for First Friday. We wrapped up the evening with a glass of wine at Busy Bee Cafe.

 
Saturday Jake and I worked....

Sunday Jake went to a UNC Basketball game with Phil and I explored Fuquay for homes and the Raleigh Flea Market for treasures.  I found these treasures...

 House I wish we were purchasing...
Couch I should have purchased...

The stumbled across the next 3 houses that are pretty cute, however I peeked through the windows and they lacked a little character :(  Something to think about though.






Later we were all off to the Hanlon's for a super bowl party!  I didn't care much about the game, but it I did enjoy the food and friends.    

Liz

4 comments:

  1. I love your life. can't wait to do life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell us you bought a hotdog. The ones at the flea market are awesome.

    Oh and BTW, we changed our blog address to Baumeisterblueprints@blogspot.com

    you know, because john is in construction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I did not have a hot dog at the flea market, but I have had them before. The stand at the Lowes in Cary is way better.

    I love the new blog title. I can't wait to check it out!

    Last but not least, you guys are awesome and can't wait to have you back in NC FOREVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete