Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life Update and Top 10 Home for the Holidays

I'm long overdue for a blogging session.  I have my coffee in hand, mac on lap, and I'm ready to go on this beautiful sunday morning.  Jake is working this morning, so I'm going to stay in and watch a little Crossing Action via the web.  So what's been going on in Holly Springs, NC...not a whole lot.  I've now been at the club for 5 weeks, and I am realizing how much I miss my lazy days in the sun.  I was spoiled all summer, but I'm thankful for my job.  Jake and I are determined to knock out some of the school loans :).  We are locked into our apartment until this time next year, then the hopes are to purchase a home.  I am so ready for that day!  I'm over the apartment living thing.  My dream house location would be in Raleigh somewhere around the NC State Campus.  There are a lot of older homes in this area, way out of our price range, but you know how I am.  I research and research until I find that needle in a haystack.  You know what Bruce Dawg always says...location, location :)  Jake is still loving his job, soaking up as much info as he can.  Most of the people he works with have degrees in engineering or bio pharm, so he has to work extra hard to get to their level and do the things they do.  Jake's degree is in business and econ, slightly different haha.  He's doing great though.  He's way smarter than I am :).  Glad I married up in the brain department.  We are still loving NC!  We we are being transformed into wimps.  We aren't bearing the slightly cold November very well.  It's been in the 40's during the day, and rainy.  I busted out the scarf, rain boots, and puffy vest last night.  I remember in IL when 40 degrees felt like a heat wave.  I remember getting yelled at by Terri at SCI for never wearing a coat (it bunched up around my suit too much), and here I am freezing in NC.  Go figure!  Let's see...what else.  I'm missing home, counting down the days until Christmas.  Jake and I will both be working Thanksgiving, so our Thanksgiving meal with probably consist of frozen pizza.  I'm thinking about getting the club chef to let me take some thanksgiving food home, not sure if that will work.  Christmas will be wonderful though.  I absolutely can't wait to hang out with my family and hometown buddies.  Let me just list a few things that I love about coming back to Quincy for the Holidays!


  1. Comfy chairs at Starbucks with Kat (I swear I'm going to sneak one of those chairs out and shove it in Kat's jeep.)
  2. Dad waiting on us hand and foot...oh what a good dad I have!
  3. Coffee and long morning talks with mom
  4. Pedicures with Rosie
  5. Hanging out with my girls!  I can't wait to hear the hoebing's laugh (really loud), love me some Rosie, talk to sweet Lindsey, hug on De, hang with Sarah, and some quality couple time with our Dave and Megs.
  6. Hugs from grandma
  7. SNOW (just for Christmas)
  8. Quincy food - Tiramisu, Abbey, Maid Rite and Park Bench here I come!
  9. The Crossing Church
  10. Walking into my mom and dad's cozy house, decked out for the holidays, filled with the aroma of Christmas Tree.  I love their house and neighborhood.  It's my dream location!
There's my top 10, and life update!  See y'all soon!
Liz

1 comment:

  1. yay! I love your top 10 list. I could picture each one :) Can't wait to hug on you either!!! There is one request I would add, I want snow for my birthday too, but I will be in Phoenix. Sure hope you can make this happen for my Liz ;)

    ReplyDelete