Monday, October 4, 2010

First Day at MDCC

My first day at the club was good.  It was a typical first day, an overload of information.  Nicole is doing a great job training me, and the staff has been very welcoming.  I met the cutest 90 some year old member today.  He was precious and in search of a cup of coffee and a piece of pie.  The club was closed today, however Nicole and I were able to scrounge together the goodies for him.  He was absolutely adorable as he shuffled through the halls with his golf club :)  He made me smile.  I'm so glad he was the first member I got to meet!  So I found out my specific job title is "member services."  This is going to be a great way to really see how the club works, build relationships with members and guests, have my hand in events and marketing, and truly put my organizational and time management skills to the test big time.  I think Stoney Creek trained me well in the juggling/wearing multiple hat category, so I should be good to go.  Pray for me tomorrow.  The club will be open, and I'm sure the pace is going to pick up.  I'm ready for the challenge.

Noted,
Liz

2 comments: