This summer has been absolutely insane, yet amazing. I am blessed with family and friends that take time out of their busy schedules to visit us in NC. First on the list was the fam, then i went home for Kat's graduation, soon after Jake's family came for the birth of my very first niece, Indiana, then I went home for Meghan & Dave's wedding (that was a quick trip for sure), my sister and her chicas came for an entire week of beach, shopping, concerts, laughs, piercings, eating, etc, our good friend Tony (one of Jake's Truman Roommates) came with his new and amazing girlfriend, my dear friend Sarah will be getting in this coming Saturday, and then I get to go home again to move Kat into college. That sentence seemed to go on forever. I still fit in a part time job at the bakery when I'm home. In the time that I'm not working or hanging out with visitors I've been truly enjoying getting to know new friends. Jake and I were recently looking for a house or town home to rent, however we did not have much luck finding anything, so we finally came to the conclusion to stay put for another year, save up, and buy a house next fall. Jake and I have decided to get more involved at our new church. Check it out at www.summitrdu.com. Watching my dad and his passion for benevolence at The Crossing inspired Jake and I to try this ministry team here. We are meeting with a couple staff members for dinner next week to discuss how we can connect. I'm excited to see how God is going to use us in this area. Soooo other than lot's of flying, visitors, eating baked goods, and meeting new people nothing much is going on. Keep you eye out for some interesting blogs. Moving the little sister to college will be interesting for sure. She's getting so grown up, and here roommate has changed 3 times now. We've gone from a debate team champ from KC, to a foreign exchange student from Zimbabwe, to a girl from STL. Who knows, she might have a new one again tomorrow. We'll keep you posted haha.
Love & Rockets,
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment