HE truly amazes me! Jake and I have been praying about a church home and friendships in the RDU area. God has answered both prayers this week. We attended a church called Summit last Sunday and LOVED it! Jake and I are definitely going to continue attending. We met some fabulous young couples. This morning I had coffee with Katie and her little girl Addison (who is absolutely PRECIOUS). It was truly a joy getting to know these two wonderful girls! I hope a friendship truly blossoms with Katie & the rest of the wonderful people Jake and I met at the Summit! I have never felt so welcomed by a group of people. You know how some churches have these posse's that flock toward the "new people" and it is their mission to "be friends" with you in a fake way? Well...it wasn't like that at all at this church. I can't wait to see what God has planned for Jake and me at this church. God answers prayers over and over again. I keep learning the more I follow Him and put my trust in Him the better things work out. God continues to guide the way, and answer my prayers...but it is important to remember it is ALL in His timing, NOT ours. Patience, prayer, and faith our the key words I have to constantly remind myself of since our move to NC. So far so good!
I also receive some sad news yesterday afternoon. I can't expand at this time, however the following verse sticks out to me.
Lamentations 3:32-33
"Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men."
Isaiah 40: 28-31
The Lord is the everlasting God the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.:"
Isaiah 41: 9-10
I said "You are my servant"; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Love & Rockets,
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment