Let's talk about change. I often go back to quotes from Grey's Anatomy. They go a little something like this...
"Change: we don't like it, we fear it. But we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change, or we get left behind. It hurts to grow. Anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. But here is the truth: sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh sometimes change is good. Sometimes, change is everything." - Meredith Grey
"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them." - Meredith Grey
Yes, I know this is a little cheesy, but so true. Change has been a constant over the last several years. The funny thing is I love change, but boy does it stress me out sometimes. It seems like our twenties our filled with constant change, and I'm sure that will continue as I grow older. In the past four years I have graduated from college, lost an aunt, moved away from home, lost my family dog, started new careers, got engaged, got married, purchased a dog, purchased a car, purchased a home, sold a home, lost 2 grandfathers (in one week), moved across the country (in 2.5 weeks), and more is to come. Yes, it hurts to leave behind family and friends and move to North Carolina, yes it hurts to experience death, yes it scary to start new jobs, make new friends, but how exciting change can be. It's going to be a constant in life, so why not embrace it, make the best of it and look at it as an adventure. I love adventures! Yes, Quincy is my comfort zone, but it's time to step out. I'm finished wasting my life away drawing lines. Here I come change, ready or not!
Love & Rockets,
Liz
Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteFirst, I just want to tell you I love and would love for you to come and visit in the mountains...it may have to be a girls only trip though because I do live in an apartment with all girls! But, we will work around the boy:) haha! Second, I love your attitude. Life is all about a change, but I think you nailed the outlook on it. I know I was a lot younger than you when I moved here, but I wish I would have had that attitude. It would have made the past eight years a lot easier. My family is so excited you are moving here! We can't wait to see you! If you need anything just holla! Love you girl! (and I am sure we will love Jake too!)