Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Way too far behind....

I am way too far behind on a little bit of everything...my house, my blogging and more.  Jake and I are without internet for another week (with the exception of Jake's fancy iPhone) so I finally headed down to the local Starbucks to give y'all a brief breakdown.  I know some of you are going to hate me, but I don't have many house pic updates for you simply because we are still living in mayhem.  It's a tad bit difficult to start decorating until I know what the main pieces in my house are going to look like aka sofa and chairs.  Jake and I are due for a trip to Ikea or High Point, NC (the furniture capital of the world for those of you wondering what the heck high point is).  Jake and I are still living without cabinet doors due to some difficulties, but hopefully Jake will have time to break away from his 12+ hour work days to knock this out sooner or later.  It sure gets old looking at all of the junk in my cabinets.  HOWEVER, we do have new beautiful stainless steel appliances!!!  I even got the cool fridge with the drawer on the bottom.  I was super pumped about this.  We got a killer deal on the appliances from my brother and sister-in-law.  They got new appliances....so therefore we did too ;).  Hardwood floors will hopefully be in by Thanksgiving.  I'll have to put up with the lovely carpet until then.  I think that's manageable.  I spoiled myself with a trip to the fabric store yesterday with my dear friend Laura B and Baby Everett.  I picked up some samples of fabrics that will make for some pretty cool draperies and upholstery for an old chair.  I promise once we get the house a little more pulled together I'll post some pics.  Check out the fabrics we found!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE the fabric!!! Hang in there. I remember painting, decorating and getting new furniture for my apartment. It gets crazy and that was only an apartment. Love you!

    ReplyDelete